Search This Blog

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Get ARMED!

Headed out to NGLA today, and I am excited and honored to be part of BSU's 2015 delegation. It's a little unusual for me being in Hartford outside of my usual annual trip to the city, but I can't wait to learn everything that NGLA has to offer.After a pretty long (but unusually quiet for 13 people) we finally got to pick up our conference badges, and since we got there early we all got free NGLA t-shirts!

One of the speakers was hanging out in the convention center and I'm super excited to see his presentation about social media tomorrow. He gave us a sneak peak of the magic tricks and hypnosis that he incorporates into his presentations by tapping another member of our delegation on the shoulder... but I could feel it! To be fair, my eyes were closed, but I'm trusting my fellow members of Greek life when they say that he didn't tap me. I don't know how he did it, but I can't wait to see what else happens tomorrow.


Tonight our delegation had the privilege of seeing Michael Miller speak about getting ARMED in Greek Life! With all the stereotypes out there about Greek Life, it can sometimes feel like a battle to keep our good name intact, but through this dynamic and informative presentation, Michael Miller gave us the tools to fight back. Though Articulation, Recruitment, Motivation, Elimination and Delegation, Greek leaders can help to create a positive legacy which will remain with our chapters for years to come.

Tomorrow I'll be attending three workshops: one about improving new member events, one about LGBT and Greek life, and one about social media. I'll give a detailed update on each of those tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment