Search This Blog

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Michael Miller


DEEPHERS EVERYWHERE. Although I haven't had the pleasure of personally meeting any of them yet; there is literally 100 Deephers here at NGLA. It's literally a unicorn land. While waiting for our room keys at the front desk of the Mariott, we were all frantically trying to find other members in our own organizations. Of course we all wanted to run up and be like "I KNOW YOU!" but in reality, I don't want to be that one crazy girl that scares all the Deephers at NGLA. #yikes.



Holy shmokes, I don't think I've ever snapped so much in one night. Having been president for only 3 months, I never knew I could experience so many things from a different light before. Tonight we were fortunate enough to have Michael Miller speak, and really break down how we can create our own legacy. The one part that really stood out to me was actually getting rid of the members we were always chasing after. Now don't freak out, I'm not suddenly going to take away all your letters and just leave you are the door; we need to move forward. We try so hard to get everyone involved and make them want to enjoy and go to move events, when in reality they just aren't going to do it. Why is it our job to keep running after them, when they aren't going to change being who they are, if they haven't already? Being the person that I am, I know I will never stop to chase after them and make it my job to get them involved, but I now also see a new opportunity.

It's time to start with the new members! I see SO much potential in the Iota class and I cannot wait for the day that they realize it as well. I know that within these 17 new members, we have a new recruitment chair, a new member at large, and even a new president. It often just takes one single person to point out the potential in someone, to create a fire or spark within someone. I know that by doing this, we can have a truly powerful and influential class that is going to do so much for our organization. I have so much faith in our future, and I can't wait to see all that they do.


No comments:

Post a Comment