Search This Blog

Thursday, February 26, 2015

NGLA Day 1


After hearing so many great things about Michael Miller and how empowering his speeches are from my BSU peers, I finally got to see one of his presentations. What did I learn? I learned that sometimes in order to inspire others you have to give them the finger, I was really startled when Michael told us to do this. No, it's not the inappropriate finger you're thinking of. Other people are more inclined to participate if you single them out and make it clear that you have confidence in them. Point them out of the crowd (the finger I was referring to is your pointer finger, silly). I learned that even though Greeks can be singled out of the crowd in a negative way, it's our positivity that keeps us going. Sadly, the media neglects most of the amazing things Greek life does for the world around us and focuses on the bad. I'm thankful to be part of a Greek community that does so many things I can be proud of. It's refreshing to meet other organizations who have the same effect on their campuses. Main takeaway message: stay positive and give them the finger (still talking about your pointer finger) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment