Search This Blog

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Advisor post- wicked proud

Its hard to believe it is already Saturday night! It's even harder not to jump right to the awesome part. So I won't... Tonight at the Awards BSU Greek Life was recognized with an honorable mention for Philanthropy & Service and our very own Jesslyn Lowell, Chapter President of Gamma Phi Beta was recognized with a Greek Leader of Distinction Award! I am beaming with pride. We have some amazing leaders in Greek Life and I'm super lucky to get to work with them.

I had a great presentation yesterday with my pals Courtney (Quinnipiac) Adam (MIT) and Laurel (CAMPUSPEAK ). #tweet2congruence is still a relavant topic and the participation was great from people in our audience both IRL and in cyberspace.

Each year I feel like I migrate to certain sessions, this year NPC extension was one but the hazing sessions also spoke to me, mostly because I wish I could just fix it, I wish I could just roll in with my solution and make it all go away. Hazing isn't what we're about and I would hate for it to define us they way it seems to nationally.

I also had the opportunity to meet with a number of other FSA's I work with in my volunteer role which was great. It's so helpful to put a face to a name and see fraternity and sorority life through different lenses.

I love sitting in this Starbucks with my cherubs writing these blogs. We could never recreate this on campus. I'm just soaking it all in.

One thing I am kind of psyched about is this new campaign of sorts I came up with, I was meeting with a Zeta Tau Alpha advisor and thought... I don't have any Zeta friends so this will be great! Then I thought, hmm maybe I should make a list of the friends I have in each of the 26 NPC member organizations, and then I thought no.. How about I take a picture with a woman from all 26 groups under the title #26panhellenicsisters. People got excited about it and I next thing you know people were introducing me to women to help me connect. And then I thought... THIS is NPC sisterhood! We could make a huge impact if we always took to time to help our members make new connections
 with other women. We could do crazy big things in this crazy big world. I'm excited to see this project through.

Ok night ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment