Search This Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2013

NGLA, Here We Come!


 Look out NGLA, BSU Greek Life has arrived! I am thrilled to be attending NGLA this weekend. From the moment, I entered OSIL I knew that this weekend would be one I would never forget. As we all loaded our luggage and piled into the van we were already making memories and beginning our adventure. The ride seemed shorter as I was trying to sort through my nerves and thoughts of anticipation. As we entered the Marriot Hotel, it was amazing to look around at the members of different sororities and fraternities and attempt to read their letters. There were was a variety of sorority and fraternities represented and it was fun to look around to find other sisters of Delta Phi Epsilon and even find other organizations that are not a part of the BSU community.
            The part of tonight that most influenced me was the Phired Up program. In the program, it focused on how to have meaningful social interactions. When I think about the word social, I think about our inter-greek activities, such as apple picking and Panhell Pals and our big events like ball, but this program opened my eyes to what the word social is really about. Being social is making strong connections, with new people. Its not about just asking a new person what his or her major is and what year they are in school, but figuring out what their passions are and what influences them. In the program it was pointed out that we have to go out their and if we swing and miss, its okay because we can use that miss as a learning opportunity to make the next time better. am going to take the advice I have learned and “Be the person…”, the person who is their best self everyday. As the day is coming to a close, I find myself looking forward to the events that I will be attending tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment