Search This Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Socially Excellent

The world would be a better place if everyone accepted others.

Today, some really amazing greeks and ventured off the Bridgewater Campus to NGLA! We checked into an awesome hotel and got ourselves settled, then went to the greek shop. I walked in thinking, "Man this is going to suck. I'm a part of a local greek organization, so the choices in items I can get are few to none." I was wrong! (this is almost my favorite part of the day) I made a Phi Pi key chain and got a cute mug with phi pi on it and a blanket and I'm sure my wallet will kill me in the morning, but it was awesome! HOORAY FOR PHI PI DELTA THINGS!
Delta Shout out: If you want greek things text me and I'll get them for you!

After, we went to dinner and then to Phired Up.

I have attended a Phired Up conference before, but this time, I had a truly excellent conversation with someone I've never met. We were asked to start a personal conversation and they gave us a few topics and we chose "the world would be a better place if..." She turned to me and asked me what I thought and I replied if people accepted one another. If no one thought someone below them and just accepted others as equals, then I truly believe there would be no war, no hunger, no poverty, and so on. Then I asked her, and she said that I took the words right out of her mouth. We both shared stories of people they knew being discriminatory and how much it surprised us because the people we make connections with are very accepting and willing to learn and listen.

That is exactly what I plan and look forward to doing at NGLA: learning and listening. I'm scheduled to go to a couple of awesome speakers tomorrow and I can't wait to hear all they have to say!

See you all tomorrow readers!
Delta Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment