Search This Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Socially Excellent Blogginnnn

After being a idiot (and having mono) and missing Phired Up social excellence training when they came to our campus I had the fortunate opportunity to experience it first hand this evening. IT WAS GREAT. At first it felt goofy and weird but then I started to realize that most interactions that are meanwhile do start out with some awkwardness. I met Branden who works for a leadership development program located in Colorado during our one on one and thoroughly enjoyed our conversation. Once Shira broke down the social excellence into the 4 easy to understand tiers I realized more what social excellence was. Two quotes resonated with me from tonights presentation "Let noone come to you without leaving better and happier" -Mother Teresa; this resonated with me because I truly feel that I try to live this way. The other quote that I really liked was "We build too many walls and not enough bridges" -Sir Issac Newton; We need to work harder to build relationships then to build enemies.

1 comment:

  1. Stephen,

    So glad you got to experience PhiredUp! Sounds like you have a few natural skills with social excellence. What are ways that we can spread this message to chapter members? I think some folks are intimidated or turned off by this type of task, but it really works wonders for a more positive chapter atmosphere and a better recruitment effort!

    Any thoughts?

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete