Search This Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Day One

Day one of NGLA is past us. Our van ride wasn't too bad. Only about 2 hours and I slept a good portion of it. MB apparently doesn't know how to park (with a van at least!) We got settled in...kind of. The room for the guys wasn't ready yet so we had to leave our stuff in MB's room until they cleared ours.

The only thing that we went to tonight was Phired Up Productions Social Excellence Training. If you've never seen them before it is truly something to witness. It is full of laughter and intense insights to what it really means to be social. There were a mass of quotes to try and remember. Luckily we can tweet! So I saved them all that way. Unfortunately I didn't write down the names of the quoters so bear with me on that one. But my favorites were, "We build too many walls and not enough bridges" -Mark Twain (?). "Let no one ever come to you without leaving Better and Happier." (Mother Teresa). "Strangers are just friends we haven't met yet" - Phired Up Crew. And there was one hashtag that everyone received with little inspirational quotes on them. The one that I got was #BeThePerson who challenges the status quo in favor of wild dreams" There were hundreds of the #BeThePerson quotes on everyones chair. I didn't get to read them all (obviously) but I'm sure they were great.

Tomorrow is a new day and I am excited to be going to The Powerful Persuasive Greek Leader, Understanding the Role and Function of the North-American Interfraternity Conference and How It Can Assist You in Developing a Successful Fraternity Community, and  Be an ACTion H.E.R.O.: The ACTions of the Supers Successful Student Leaders. Hopefully these will all be as great as I am expecting. I am sure that they will be.

Have a great night all!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a great experience! All of the quotes you have gotten seem inspiring and definitely something you can bring back to your chapter. I hope your sessions today go well and that you continue to learn, meet new people and break the status quo. Continue tweeting too! You are filling my news feed completely!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete