Search This Blog

Sunday, February 24, 2013

The End and The Begining


As I sit here in my dorm doing my laundry from the weekend, I can't help but contemplate on the weekend. It feels so strange blogging from the dorm and not in the Starbucks lobby with my delegation.
There is no amount of words for me to express my gratitude for Bridgewater State University, Panhellenic and Maribeth for picking me to attend NGLA.
While my time at NGLA is over, I am thrilled to begin to improve my chapter using the new tools I have learned. The memories that we made are ones that can never be forgotten. I am going to encourage my sister to apply to future NGLA gatherings and other similar leadership experiences. I hope that in the future our school and organizations will be able to implement the ideas that we have learned at the conference.
I am now not focusing not on what my chapter does badly but what we do right. By focusing on the positive things that we exemplify we can improve our organizations much better than when we fixate on the negative issues. Instead of asking people to join a bunch of people who wear letter look for people who want to join a group of people who share the same values, “lead with your values not your letters”. I am looking forward to meeting with my Leadership Team and my Membership Development Team, to give an update about my weekend and how I think we could start to implement what I learned.  I am so glad to return to campus to start sharing what I learned. I am going to be a rockstar in my chapter and the Greek community by making us organizations to be looked up too. Greek Life shouldn’t be disconnected and a separate entity to the campus community, Fraternity and Sorority members should be helping to enrich the campus community and other organizations.  
Thank you once more to everyone who helped me to attend NGLA, you have given me a gift that will never be forgotten. I love Greek Life, you love Greek Life, we love Greek Life. GREEK LIFE ROCKS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment