Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Day 1 of NGLA 2016

Day 1 is done! I am so excited to be here with my fellow Bears and to experience this amazing leadership opportunity. After getting some insight into the weekend, including choosing sessions and listening to our very animated opening night speaker, I am beyond ecstatic to get started! Getting to look through the list of the sessions for the weekend was a highlight for me today (besides seeing a dog in a restaurant). I love having the opportunity to learn about how to improve our chapters, but even more so on how to improve the community as a whole. I am super excited about this because the Panhel sessions they are offering this year will give me the opportunity to gain the information to do so. Being a member of the Panhellenic community and E-board is one of the things I am most proud of in my Greek affiliation, and my goal is to be able to discover new ideas through this conference which could help challenge the Panhellenic community and make it grow even more as one strong, cohesive unit. With all of that said, most of my sessions are NPC based (YAY!). I look forward to my session tomorrow on Circle of Sisterhood, our newly established philanthropy, in hopes that I can learn ways to raise as much money and awareness and help it grow on the BSU campus. This philanthropy is aimed at helping more young women receive and education and have the same opportunities that we all have, and I want to be able to help anyone at all have the chance that I did to receive an education and even become a sorority women. I'm hoping the session will provide me with some new ideas on how to effectively launch the philanthropy on our campus and how to get others to support it. I am also looking forward to my session tomorrow on Redefining Sisterhood, because we are bringing it to campus in just a few short weeks! I am hoping that experiencing this session before it comes to campus will help me better understand my own definition of sisterhood first and how I can improve my own experiences, and then experiencing it again on campus I can help more effectively identify how we can improve the sisterhood experience at BSU. I feel like this is an extremely important session to attend because sisterhood and how we view it is a major aspect of being in a sorority. Being able to identify what sisterhood means to us at BSU can help us improve our experience as sorority women and the bonds between not only members of our chapters but the entire Panhellenic community. I am eager to get started tomorrow with my Starbucks in hand (there is one right around the corner: BLESSED) and can't wait to gain some awesome new info to share with everyone at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment