Search This Blog

Saturday, February 27, 2016

PARK YOUR CAR ON EXCELLENT ST.

WOW. It is really the last day. Waking up was extra hard today but that’s ok because the first key note speaker was amazing. Her name was Kristen Hadeed and she became CEO of a company at 21 GASP. She spoke about many topics including professionalism and how to be a leader. She also spoke about how important it is to have values but that setting actions with these values so that everyone is on the same page and can be held accountable.  

My first session started off with a huge topic that isn’t talked about much unless your major field is involved in it ….. PRIVILEGE. What are your privileges? How can you use yours to help others ? Not many people know what privilege is which is sad because it determines everything and every aspect of your life daily. Privileges is related to race, class, gender identity, citizenship status, sexual orientation, education and many more but my hands are starting to hurt …So if you’d like to know please come talk YALL KNOW I LIKE TALKING… and this is my favorite topic so please don’t hesitate to ask ! 

Tish Norman was another session I went to that I enjoyed very much. Her energy was out of this world and she interacted with the audience more than I had seen it a while. She asked 4 main questions that can help higher our expectation of each others as Greek members: Who are we? What do we want? What is our purpose? What are we grateful for? THINK ON THESE THINGS and it will help with improving your Greek experience and your organization.  

My last session focused on Divine 9 Organizations (Historically black fraternities and sororities ) . In this session the speaker focused on removing barriers and explained that it’s important to provide each other with resources and support regardless of our council.  (THERE ARE 4 COUNCILS BTW : IFC, NPC, NPHC AND MGCs) It was very discussion based so I don’t have much notes but yall get the point, Im sure  

I have learned so much this week that I cannot wait to bring back to school so YALL WILL BE HEARING MY VOICE .
I FORGOT SOMETHING !!!! I got to sit and meet other ASTs for lunch and it was really interesting to see how there chapters run, sizes and other craziness !!! 

Hope you enjoyed reading !!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment