Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2016

post NGLA sadness syndrome

As we sit in the JetBlue terminal I am reflecting on my time at NGLA as I sip my final Starbucks coffee [I miss dunks]. I do not want to get onto the plane in a little bit because that means that this amazing conference weekend is over and that breaks my little heart.
I had mixed feelings coming into the weekend between getting along with the delegation and how much I would like this conference compared to other ones I have attended but this entire experience has won my heart. When we got picked up at 5:45 in the morning on Thursday I had doubts that this weekend would not go well, but by Sunday I did not want to get off that bus when we pulled up to the clock tower arriving back at BSU. This conference has made me a stronger, more confident leader and showed me that although I will be graduating in a year from May, I can still make a huge impact within my chapter and Greek community.
            The only thing I wish I could change about this experience was not winning, more importantly not having any nominations for awards. Knowing that our Greek community and leaders do so much and hold so many good programs it was disappointing knowing that none of our members nominated us, but don’t you worry bears I got you for next year.
My biggest worry is that I will bring all of these new ideas to my chapter and they will not put any of them into consideration. I know that they will definitely incorporate different activities and lessons that I learned for sisterhood events, but the bigger idea involving scholarship programs may be harder to implement into our chapter.

I LOVE NGLA SO MUCH, IT’S BEEN SO REAL - #BlessUp

No comments:

Post a Comment