Search This Blog

Monday, February 29, 2016

An Introvert... Re-Energized

Even though Bridgewater isn’t as exciting as Pittsburg, I’m beyond proud to be a bear. I didn’t expect to be so impacted by this weekend, but I genuinely can say I’ve left NGLA motivated and inspired. Being an introvert, usually large meetings and conferences drain me. NGLA somehow re-energized me and brought me back to my positive mindset towards my time at BSU because it reminded me why I do the things I do; to impact, inspire, and push others to excellence.


My main takeaways:

1.      Start with me. Focusing on my own wellbeing before trying to push others. You can’t pour from an empty cup. I also will be challenging my own doubtful or negative thoughts whenever I face a challenge. It’s through the “mastery of hardships that you find happiness”.

2.      Share the bigger picture. Emphasize the vision of Alpha Sigma Tau through current chapter activities- strategically plan each chapter activity to address one of the following areas of growth: ethical, cultural, social, or professional development of members.

3.      Strengthen the Community. The re-chartering of Order of Omega (OOO) last year created a place for Greeks with a high standard of leadership to unite. I aim to build further upon this unity and strengthen it to a place where OOO members can openly discuss ideas and issues across the Greek Lines.           Networking of my own at NGLA has allowed me to connect with other OOO members and share ideas of programs that have worked and hear stories of things that failed. I can’t wait to aid the chapter in rebuilding our accountability system and bring useful resources I got at NGLA to our members.

Don't tell Marco to pretend that he likes me while taking a picture. This happens...


In all actuality, it was awesome getting to bond with fellow Greek Bears. Building connections is a crucial part of undergrad, and I've build some lasting friendships. I can't wait to partner with these amazing leaders in the future.




Thank you for this opportunity to re-energize and to learn so much. This would not have been possible without support from Maribeth's hard work and the support from Panhellenic, IFC, Vice President Jason Pina, and President Fred Clark. This hasn’t only prepared me for the next year and a half at BSU, but has also prepared me for the business world. I can’t wait to see all the changes that are to come. Every day is a great day to be a bear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment