Search This Blog

Monday, February 29, 2016

LIFE

I honestly do not know how to explain the experience of NGLA without going on and on and on and on because theres just so much to say !!!!
I enjoyed how this conference can be applied to not only Greek life but LIFE in general. I learned that doing something you love is worth more than being in a field that you're only in for the money ..I learned that women empowerment can go a long way .. I learned that having values is one thing but having actions with those values makes it easier to live up to...I learned that your actions truly do speak louder than any voice (even mine) and that those actions can represent your entire community and organization... I learned that when your priorities align with reality then life is much more easier..
I learned so much more but I don't want to bore you all with all the good juicy stuff I learned...

But I do want to tell a quick story,
At NGLA, they had sponsors (people who paid maaaad money to be there) to talk about different things they had to offer ; for example a guy who does composites was there telling us the deals and stuff like that ... get it ? ok good !
So anyways, I am just walking around with Mary, stalling before our next session stalls and we head over to the "Campus speaks" table. This table had all the speakers who were presenting and these speakers talk about their experiences...life and all that good stuff...
So back to story, we walk up to the table and we meet a nice guy named Jeremy. So Jeremy and I start talking while Mary is looking at the table stuff...
As I am talking to Jeremy I noticed that he was really really REALLY close to me as he is talking and was a bit confused ...I asked what he talks about when he does his talks and he explained to be that he was diagnosed with being legally blind 5 years ago . At first I was really confused because we had a full conversation before he stated that and he shook my hand with no problem.. confused I asked him what was he able to see and he explained that he only has his peripheral vision. This obviously shocked me. As we got deeper into the conversation, I asked how he got through such a difficult time and GUESS WHAT HE SAID......HIS FRATERNITY BROTHERS. His brothers give him rides wherever he needs and give him the support he needs to get him through the day.
I don't wanna tell you this story to make you sad but I tell you in hopes that we all have someone a sister or not to call when something difficult arises. I hope that we all have at least ONE sister/brother we can call if we need anything because thats what sisterhood is all about !!!!!!!!!

Well, that's all from me , GOODNIGHT EVERYONE !
ps: rarely get in my emotions but I actually miss the NGLA 2016 squad

1 comment: