Search This Blog

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Can social media change the Greek world?

I've been thinking...and tweeting, blogging, and FBing.. (< not a word kids) about how effective use of social media could truly help elevate our community. Today I presented a session with 3 amazing colleagues Adam McCready from MIT, Courtney McKenna from Quinnipiac, and Laurel Peffer from Campuspeak, our session was called Tweet2Congruence and we live streamed our conversation on a large screen and posed questions, solicited feedback, and shared resources all via twitter. I loved it, it was one of those sessions you felt like giving a 100 high fives out after. #bsulife (see! there it is again) has really raised the bar for many departments using social media and I think as a result... a lot more people talk about good ol' Bridgewater State University than ever before.

I'm a one woman show for fraternity & sorority life at BSU so managing twitter, facebook, and recruiting bloggers is my job but the amazing things I get to post.. well that comes from my amazing students. I love reading these blogs, seeing their tweets, and checking out their status updates here at NGLA, there is learning happening everywhere (can you believe it OUTSIDE the classroom??) and they have the ability to share it with others in seconds.

I hope all this work on the social media ends helps us promote what we are REALLY about... we are passionate leaders who choose to live our organizations ideals and principals every day, for the rest of our lives, I also hope it also gives us the courage to challenge those who do not live our values.

Be bold, be courageous and tweet on brothers & sisters!

Good night NGLA!

No comments:

Post a Comment