Search This Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2012

We're Back!

Hi friends! We're finally settled in for NGLA and I'm so excited. Waking up this morning, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. After making it across campus with my duffel bag, I suddenly realized that this was going to be a blast. Looking around OSIL, someone would have wondered how long we were all going to be away for based on the size ranges of our bags. I personally have a problem when it comes to packing and I had the smallest bag in the group -- talk about shocking! Once we loaded up the van, we made the journey down to Connecticut to get our weekend started. The only somewhat entertaining part of the drive was attempting to park in the parking garage. That in itself was an adventure!

Once we checked in, I learned that I would be rooming with Erin and Nichole! It's been nice to get to know other women of our community that I may not have had many encounters with before. We put our bags down and decided it was time to get our name tags. After getting back together with the group, we realized that we were the only room that didn't unpack! Even the boys did. We got to the Convention Center and after getting to the top, we were greeted by the one and only John Rodriguez! He's doing such an amazing job on the staff and I'm so proud to call him a Bear. We decided we would go check out the Greek Boutique and it was awesome to see all the other organizations letters. The best part is that you can custom create letters and get them shipped to school. I'm definitely looking into that! When we got back downstairs, and the entire lobby was filled with so many other people from other delegations. Again, I was shocked to see so many different letters! Who knew that many different organizations were all in the Northeast.

We made our way to Subway for dinner, and it was the perfect way to start the conference. Quickly after finishing Erin and I decided we needed coffee and I am completely ready to go for Playfair! We split up the educational programs and I am so excited to attend programs that I never thought I would want to attend. Stepping out of my comfort is my goal for the weekend. Now that we're all unpacked and hanging around watching Chopped, I am so ready for this weekend to start.

We'll be sure to keep you posted on the happenings of the weekends!

Lots of Greek love,

Kara  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment