Search This Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2012

We're Here!

Hey everyone! We just got to NGLA a few hours ago and we have a little down time before we go to Playfair. So far it's been a pretty interesting trip but it's been great getting to know members of the BSU Greek Life community on a more personal level. The drive was pretty uneventful, but entertaining as to be expected. It didn't take as long as I had expected. Naturally I overpacked and my bag was the biggest. The poor boys had to try and get it to fit into the trunk, and fortunately they finally did. I really need to learn how to not overpack, sorry guys! Once we got to the hotel we foundout our room assignments and I could not be more excited to learn I was rooming with Amanda and Kristen. We joked that naturally the three of us would be matched together because we all way over packed. It just comes natural to us!

Once we got all settled into our rooms we went to check in and then headed to the Greek Boutique. Check in was awesome because I saw a Delta Phi Epsilon sister who came to Bridgewater earlier in the semester to talk to our chapter about recruitment. We then got free NGLA t-shirts, and I mean come on who doesn't love a free t-shirt! I was so excited to go to Greek Boutique and I bought sunglasses with letters on them and I ordered a new sweatshirt with sparkly letters. I just have to wait a few weeks for it to come on, but I am so excited.

After that we headed to a group dinner at Subway, and that was nothing less than entertaining. On the way back we took a roommate picture with a statue of a lion. After dinner we all got together to pick the sessions we will be attending. I chose some that I think will help me become a stronger leader and especially help me with the Greek Conduct BoardGreek Conduct Board. It was cool choosing our sessions together because people gave others on advice on what would be the most beneficial to them.

I can not wait to see what the conference brings, and meet all of the other Greeks from the Northeast region. I'll surely be tweeting like a crazy person so make sure you follow me at sadiegreen13!

Greek Love,
Sadie

2 comments:

  1. FRIEENNNNDDD!!! Have so much fun this weekend and learn lots I cant wait to keep up with reading all of the exciting things you all are doing there!!

    ReplyDelete