Search This Blog

Friday, February 19, 2010

Day One!!

Heyyy Everyone,

Today has been a legit amazing day. I have learned so much I still have to process and read some of it :). I woke up this morning and decided it was possibly a good idea to shower... SHHH dont tell my suitemates...Then I put on my pretty clothes and my FABULOUS boots and we all embarked on our day.. FUN FACT NEWS my feet DO NOT hurt YAYYY :) I am so good at wearing my boots now and I look so fancy lol.. So we went to our opening speaker who was so interesting he spoke about a lot of interesting things such as taking action in your organization and taking repsonsability.. I definately learned a lot and took a lot away from the type of things he was speaking about. Then we ventured out into our chapter meetings..As we are taking the escalator down it LURCHES to a stop and Aubree and I have a heart attack and I grabbed a hold of her arm like I could save her haha :) and I did no worries ;)... We then went to our chapter meeting and discussed lots of fun things..We broke off into our educational blocks and I find my room and of course my session closes BOO :( so I panicked a little but then was like ok i will go next door and it turned out I went to SNAFU Greeks and Grades and it was an excellent presentation and as Scholarship Chair of Panhel I definately learned quite a bit.. My next block was called Turning Things Around. AMAZINGG!!! Let me tell something to you... This guy knew his stuff and he was hard core and I LOVED IT... He gave us a lot to discuss and while he lead on our discuss it was very open and up to the room to keep it going... In session number three i learned all about how to introduce technology into your organization in different ways it was really informative with different tips on what to do as well as how to approach your chapter with follow up questions. OOOO i forgot about lunch ... So I sat with Phi Sigs and met some really really sweet and nice ladies they were so fun... I met people from many different types of chapters and ways of life it was a very very interesting experience.. They were all so sweet to one and other I LOVED IT... We took a pic together and loved us some pyramid :)... So then the day was over alas and we headed out for dinner which was quite yummy and very much needed as we all know i am very strict about being fed and my bed time or i get cranky :) ... Get Psyched for Pajama Jammy Jam tonight!! You better believe its going to be fun times and MB and I have matching pjs no lie and totally not on purpose we swear...Mine have a story ask my mommy..

Other then the days events I have been having a great time this has been such an experience and its seriously been like a day... I have met people who deal with the same types of troubles I do and people who think like me and I didnt really think they were out there i will not lie. I really can not wait to come back and share all that i have learned i really feel that the benefit from it will be exponential if just one person hears what i have to say... so all get psyched for day two :p

<333 jmurph

No comments:

Post a Comment