Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Watch out NGLA, the BEARS are in town!

Hello friends!

We have finally arrived to the long anticipated NGLA in the lovely Hartford, CT. The road trip here was relatively quick. Mamma Bear, MB, even brought snacks and after a few near misses with some terrible drivers, we arrived to our destination.

Myself and my fellow travelers were quite pumped upon arrival. I felt like a child in a candy store as I anxiously searched for some fellow Gamma Phi Beta sisters. I was very excited in general to meet all of the fabulous NPC women that were also in attendance. I wished all of our NGLA friends a happy conference and went on our merry way to our hotel room.

After settling into the hotel room we embarked on our journey to the registration table! While there we filled out our emergency contact cards, got free t-shirts, and got our envelopes of goodies. Once we we were finished, we went to a magical place called the Greek Boutique. It was so sweet! There was memorabilia from every organization you can think of, a place to order the twill letters and a place to get next day screen printing. I went a little compulsive shopper and bought a journal, a picture frame and an adorable bag. I had to refrain from purchasing a cute pair of argyle letters, but there is always tomorrow and saturday. Tomorrow I plan to return to said boutique and purchase some screen printed shirts for my lovely family, Chrissy and Kayla. Get excited ladies!

The next adventure we went on was a hunt for a food establishment to find some dinner! We wandered around Hartford until we stumbled upon a quiznos. I have never eaten at a quiznos before because of those strange commercials with the sea monkeys but today I tried something called a toasty bullet in pesto turkey. It was satisfactory.

After dinner, we chose our sessions for the next two days. I am so pumped at the amount of sessions that relate to Panhellenic. Now we are at the starbucks with free wi-fi where we are enjoying warm beverages to keep toasty after our dinner adventure.

While sitting here we met our first Gamma Phi! She is from BU and we are very excited to meet more!!

In about an hour we have a fun thing called PLAYFAIR!! Can't wait to play a little game called Where's a GPhiB!

Lots of Panhellenic Love from NGLA,
Aubree

No comments:

Post a Comment