Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

WE ARE HERE!

So psyched to be here!!! :) The drive here wasn't bad at all; it went by fairly quickly. MB is a GREAT driver! We arrived nice and early this afternoon so we could have plenty of time to get settled and explore. The rooms are very nice. As I always do when I stay in a hotel, I had to take all of my stuff out and put it away so it feels more like home with my things around. After everyone got settled into our rooms we went on an adventure to check-in for the conference.

We got our really awesome packets with all of the exciting activities for the weekend. I filled out an information sheet for Greek 101 (a company who makes fun stuff for Greek Life) and got a FREE NGLA T-SHIRT!!!! (love free shirts) Then we went to an amazing place that had tons of things you could buy with letters on it. The bummer of this part of the adventure was that Phi Pi Delta is a local chapter so there were no tables with cool stuff for me to buy with my organization on it. On the positive side they can screen print here so I plan on making some wicked cool yoga pants that have peace love and Phi Pi Delta on it and a surprise for my little. It was really cool to see all the other chapters that had things in the room and get some creative ideas for future purchases :)


After our fun adventure and shopping spree my belly was rumbling and my food baby (A.K.A. Norman) was kicking. We went to the rooms to drop off our stuff and embarked on another wicked cool adventure to find us some DIN DIN! We found ourselves at the food court that was CLOSED so we migrated to a Quiznos that was nearby. I had never been to one before so this was a new experience for me. This place was EMPTY and by empty I mean not many food choices because the football and soccer teams that had been there before us ate EVERYTHING so choices were limited. I made friends with a police officer to see what I should get, he suggested a meatball sub (always a safe bet). When I went to order myself one the woman told me she was out of those too ... no fun. But have no fear I made a quick decision on the spot and my hunger was eased by a yummy sub. We came back to the hotel to eat because oddly enough things close very early in this city. We tried picnicking in the convention center but was told its not allowed and had to migrate to the hotel room.


Tonight we planned ahead and picked our educational sessions for the weekend. I am SO SO SO PUMPED to go to these sessions. They all sound so interesting and helpful to not only my chapter, but also to the IFC and the rest of the Greek community. I had a hard time choosing which one to go to.

Tonight we have out first event at 9:00 --> Playfair! We shall see how that goes. Besides being totally excited for the sessions I think I am most excited to mingle with the other Greeks and talk about our individual chapters and how each organization works differently on each campus. I also can't wait to meet some friends who are from other local chapters like myself. This is looking like a great weekend and I can not wait for all of the fun to unfold!!!


Can't wait to make some new friends :) TTFN ... Ta Ta For Now

Delta Love. Sarah

1 comment: