Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

First Day of NGLA! (it rhymes... haha)

Hey, hey, hey!

For all of you who had doubts about MB's driving skills... don't worry... soccer mom came through and we arrived safely at the hotel in our mini-van. Although, I would like to take a moment to just say that I drove in the middle of the back seat for two hours... not complaining... just note the quality Greek bonding between me, Max and Jess... and it's only day one! :)

After we arrived we checked into our hotel rooms which to me is always exciting... I love hotels. Come to find out though that we only get a king sized bed in each room... good thing the hotel provides cots! haha... so we are all settled in.

We then ventured out to the food court... which was obviously closed because who serves food after 5:30pm? Apparently no one in downtown Hartford... luckily Katelyn knew of a Quizno's nearby and despite my reluctancy to eat there because of their "rat" commericals, we ordered our food and brought it back to our room (Quizno's closes at 6pm). Sarah was also happy because we fed Norman, her food baby.

Then we divied up sessions to go to tomorrow to maximize our learning here at NGLA and I can say that I am so pumped for ed. sessions tomorrow... it is going to be filled with a number of sessions which I will update you on as they occur.

Tonight we have PLAY FAIR! Soooooooooooooo excited... although who doesn't love the opportunity to run around like a small child?

I am happy to report that we came across a number of Phi Sigma Sigmas, 1 Gamma Phi Beta, 1 Sigma Pi, and a Chi Phi (my boyfriend's fraternity at UMASS D.)... I can't wait to get to know more Greeks here!

Well, I'm out...

PEACE LOVE & GREEK LIFE!

-Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment