Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2010

No Matter the Letter We're all Greeks Together!

Hello Friends!

It's sad to think that this is my last NGLA blog :( Going to this conference was an amazing experience for me. I came back to BSC feeling totally empowered to take a stand and make big changes on this campus. It was amazing to be surrounded by people who understood me and my problems as well as my triumphs. We all had a common bond no matter what our letters were. Even though all of the organizations were all founded differently we all share a some common values, the four pillars of Greek Life: scholarship, friendship, leadership, and philanthropy.

So, MB challenged us with this: If there is one thing that we can bring back to BSC that learned at NGLA what would it be? I honestly am returning to campus overflowing with information. There is not one thing I learned this weekend that isn't important and I wouldn't want to share with this community. If there is one thing that I will share in this blog it is this quote I heard in one of my sessions "No matter the letters, we're all Greek together".

Although we all may be from different chapters we cannot be a successful community without the help of each other. We all need to support not only our chapters but also the other chapters on this campus. We cannot change the way people view us until we have developed a strong community and are willing to come together to battle these stereotypes. I have full faith in this community and there is no doubt in my mind that Bridgewater can have the best Greek community out there. We have so many strong leaders there is no mountain we can't climb.

We all made a pledge to hold ourselves to a higher standard than others and to strive to be better. It is time that we hold ourselves accountable. We need to stop complaining that Greek Life is always looked at through a microscope and that we are analyzed because of our letters. This isn't a punishment, it is an opportunity! Lets use the attention of others to our advantage and show people how amazing Greek Life is and how much of a positive effect it has, not only on ourselves, but on our campus and community as well!

I cannot thank people enough for sending me to this conference. Thank you to MB for being an amazing advisor and a support, and for always being there for all of us no matter what. You truly are amazing and I appreciate it more than words can explain. Thank you to Max, Aubree, Lexi, Katelyn, and Jess for going through this experience with me and filling it with great memories that I will never forget. It was awesome to be surrounded by people who "got it" and were willing to open up about the past and plan for the future. I can't wait to work with all of you in our future endeavors. I would also like to thank the people who followed our blog! You're the best fans ever :)

TTFN ♥

Delta Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment