Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

We're here!!

Hey there!

We had an uneventful & delightful drive to beautiful Hartford. Thankfully we arrived early so we had a quick check in... I was err... surprised when we checked in to learn that our reservations were made for 3 rooms with King sized beds... hmmm.. quick recap here...there is me.. and 6 students.. luckily I have a very flexible group with me and they figured out a game plan.. 2 rolly beds were brought in so it worked out 2 friends in a king, 1 friend on the rolly bed, and the same for the other room. Don't worry about me.. I'm all set by my lonesy :)

We headed down to registration and checked in, recieved our schedule books, the famous nametags, and then we headed over to the Greek Boutique, a temporary store of all things fraternity and sorority life. The crew and I gave (spent) some money to the the kind folks working the event, we are loaded up! T-shirts, magnets, pens, and assorted fraternity and sorority apparel were purchased, BSC will see us sporting all our stuff when we get back, even me :)

The activities start tonight at 9pm with PLAYFAIR.. you know you love it! We have it for our first year students now it's all Greek. While the cherubs are busy making new friends I will be networking with fellow advisors and meeting with the other NGLA awards committee folks.

I have to say, I am super psyched with the crew we have here. The sessions are full of great topics, it's going to be a great weekend!

Go BEARS!

~Maribeth

No comments:

Post a Comment