Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

And so it begins... (again)

Good Evening Bears!

Today I returned to Hartford, CT for my second and final NGLA conference as a collegian. It is semi-bittersweet.

After a two hour mini van trip with 14 BSU bears we checked into the hotel. Upon arrival, we made the executive decision to get Starbucks. While waiting for my soy caramel macchiato we saw the one and only Sandy Burba. For those of you who do not know her, she is the alternate NPC delegate for Gamma Phi Beta. We met her last year and she remembered us! We were very excited! We also met some UVM Panhellenic ladies while waiting for Mama Bear to finish checking us in at the front desk.

Once settled into the hotel rooms we made our way to check in to the conference. The lovely EH alumna Anna Takahama checked us in and gave us our envelopes. In my, Lexi's, Matt's and Reza's envelopes there was a special surprise! It was a pretty blue ribbon with gold writing that read "Award Winner." So we won some awards the first year that we applied for some! Toot toot to us and stay tuned to see what we win! MB also informed us that our Panhellenic women were recognized by NPC for having GPA's higher than the All Womens Average at BSU so we obviously got neon green A+ stickers! Basically, our name tags are decked out! Ballin!

We also obviously checked out the Greek Boutique. I am going to think very carefully before I purchase anything this year because we all know that last year I went a little crazy.

After check in came dinner time! After being snubbed by the Irish place we attended last year we landed on Subway as our dining choice. We are having dinner with the Quinnipiac delegation tomorrow night and I am so excited to meet them!

On the way back to the hotel from dinner we were almost killed by an ambulance (ironic) as we were crossing the crosswalk legally. We survived but it was mildly entertaining.

Then we chose all of our education session for the rest of the conference! I chose some that discussed life as an alumna because it is my goal to remain actively involved as a Gamma Phi and Panhellenic woman. I also chose sessions that I know will help advance the Panhellenic community even after I graduate.

After a little down time it was time for Playfair! Playfair is basically icebreakers on speed... in a good way! You just meet a ton of people in a relatively short amount of time. We also had the chance to meet some Gamma Phi's from Rutgers. They were so sweet and I can't wait to see them again at the affiliation luncheon!

Now I sit here and blog as I prepare for what will hopefully be a restful evening because tomorrow is an early and funfilled day! I LOVE NGLA because there are so many fabulous Greeks! I am mildly high on Greek life already and this journey has barely begun! Stay tuned for more of my awesome travels!

Panhellenic Love forever and always!
Aubree

1 comment:

  1. Love that you gave me a little shout out in your blog :) so good seeing you!

    ReplyDelete