Search This Blog

Saturday, February 19, 2011

What a Day at NGLA!!!

Day two of NGLA was even better and more exciting than the first. It started this morning will a very good speech by Dr. Kimbrough. After the speech I went to my first session on becoming a better leader. It was a very rewarding session and I learned a lot from that session that will enable me to be a better leader for my chapter.



In the middle of the sessions I attended a presentation on why Fraternities and Sororities still matter. It was a very good session that pointed out all the good things that greek life does and the benefit it has on the community. Then I attended a session on building better relations with alumni. I found that session very informative and I can bring a lot of it back to my chapter, because we definitely need to buld stronger relations with our alumni. The last session I attended today was on resume writing. I chose to attend that session because we have a lot of graduating seniors in my chapter this semester and I want to be able to help them get an upper hand on getting jobs when they leave.



At 7:30 we all went to the dinner banquet. After enjoying a nice meal they started announcing which schools and chapters won awards this weekend. For the first time in NGLA history Bridgewater State was recognized with an award. Sigma Pi won the Impact award for Risk Management due to our presentation with Rachel's Challenge during Greek Week last year. It was very exciting to hear the announcement and accept the award on behalf of my chapter. It was a nice feeling to realize that some of our hard work payed off. Also it would not have been possible if Lexi didn't put the reccomend and submit our award for us and I am very thankful for that. Bridgewater also got two honorable mentions for other awards, so overall it was a great night for BSU.



Overall this weekend was a very rewarding experience and I am so thankful that I was sellescted to go. I learned so much that I can bring back to my chapter and the Greek community as a whole. I reccomend this conference to anyone who is involved in Greek life as it was very fun and also very informative at the same time. I am so glad that I attended and I will be sad to leave tommorow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment