Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

be the change you want to see in the world.

today we had our first day of sessions, i loved every minute of it. although our day started bright and early at seven thirty in the morning, i was somehow jazzed and ready to go.

among the three sessions i attended, my favorite by far was about inner beauty and body image. the facilitator was stacy nadeau, who was one of the models for dove's real beauty campaign. stacy is a strong, confident, down to earth woman as well as a wonderful speaker. she has me in tears through half of her lecture :) she talked all about finding your healthiest ideal and owning that ideal, regardless of whether it is a star athlete's body or if its a little on the more to love side of the spectrum. she made me feel so empowered and great about myself... i am considering creating a presentation for anyone who wants to attend at school to share her messages.

we also got to go out to dinner with our fsl friends from quinnipiac... two of them being fellow phi sigs : )

1 comment:

  1. Tomorrow I will be going to two more sessions, a lunch with all the phi sigs that are here, and then the awards banquet :) I can't wait to see what else NGLA has to offer me this weekend! I'm loving it so far!

    ReplyDelete