Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

CT is my home... for the next 4 days :)

Hello Everyone!

We have obviously made it to the beautiful Hartford, CT thank you to the best Greek Advisor and her fabulous driving skills. Not going to lie, I was a little worried how 14 of us were going to pile into a van with all of our vera bradley duffles, but we somehow managed. I got to sit shotgun and play DJ (which I was not very good at) and be the most important EZ pass holder for all the tolls.

We got here and settled into our hotel rooms. I am super excited to be rooming with Aubree, Ali, and Audra. It is going to be fun times. After we unpacked we registered and got awesome name tags. I am excited and proud to say that in a few members of our delegation there were award ribbons! :) So we are keeping our fingers crossed that Saturday night when we leave the banquet, we will be walking away with some awards. YAY Greek Pals!

After we journeyed to the fabulous subway for dinner. MB and I had some delicious veggie patties representing the vegetarians in Greek life. It was super fun to get to sit and chat with different members of our campus that I normally don't get to interact with much. AND (best day) I got to sit with my big and spend some time with her :) Walking back to the hotel, we finally got a walk sign and of course out of no where came an ambulance, lights, sirens and all. I don't think any of us have ever run or scattered faster in our whole lives. It was too funny and while an scary moment, one that helped us bond.

We all just got back from PLAYFAIR. It was super fun and I got to meet SOOOOO many Greeks from all over. I have never seen so many letters and different combinations of letters in one room EVER. It was amazing to see 800 Greeks all come together. While I was a little hesitant at first, I had so much fun and got to make connections with different people I hope I get to see or run into again. I also got to meet 2 Gamma Phi's from Rutgers who were fabulous. There aren't that many Gamma Phi's here but that's okay because everyone is so enthusiastic.

Tomorrow morning I will be rising and shining bright and early and attend three different sessions. I am excited to learn so much and bring it back to Bridgewater State. All of the sessions sound really interesting and I have heard only good things about all the speakers. I will let everyone know how my busy Friday goes. I am super psyched! I hope I take plenty of notes. I am sure I will have so much to share.

That's all for now followers! Make sure you keep checking!

Much NGLA love,

Kaitlyn

1 comment: