Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

Do Things With A Passion or Not at All ... NGLA 2011

Hello Everyone!!!!

So today is day 1 and it I can say this is only the beginning of such a great weekend!!!

The ride here will Momma MB was interesting as it always is. It was so fun and it was only the beginning of our bonding!!! Once we arrived we checked in and settled into our beautiful rooms. We then formally checked into the conference and started the conference off right. We got our free t-shirts!!! I LOVE FREE STUFF!! John and I had a GREAT conversation with GreekYearbook about having our very first composites taken. It was so exciting to have helpful information to commemorate such a monumental experience for us. I can't wait to get home and bring them to our campus to get the ball rolling.

After that we went to the Greek Boutique and I was totally ECSTATIC to see DPhiE stuff in that room. I almost cried ... it was such a difference seeing MY chapter represented at a conference and knowing the changes I had made in the past year. Standing in the same place last year I was at a totally different place in my life and it was an AHA moment to have the changes I have gone through come to life. I was so excited to see all of the fun things I can buy ... let's just hope I have some self control and don't spend all of my money :/

We also go to venture through the city to find dinner ... this year our destination was Subway. Norman was starving and it was refreshing to have some yummy food in my belly!! We found our way back to the hotel and selected our sessions. I CANNOT WAIT to learn everything they have to offer!!!!

Next came Plairfair!!!! One of my favs!!! I love making new friends so this is the perfect game for me!!! I made so many friends and saw DPhiE's everywhere!!!! We are taking over the conference and its AWESOME!!! After Playfair I got a chance to talk to about 10 other DPhiE's that were here. It was AMAZING!!! We were able to compare chapters and talk about DLCs. I was so happy! I met some of the girls from Keene State and I will definitely be planning a trip out there to visit them and their house!!!

Currently I am downstairs in the Starbucks lounge blogging and hanging out with some new friends from Southern New Hampshire University. It is awesome to be talking ans making bonds with people here at the conference. If day one is this awesome I cannot wait to see what the rest of this weekend has to offer!!!

Stay tuned for all of the awesome things I am going to share with you all!!! I can't wait to share!

TTFN <3
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment