Search This Blog

Friday, February 24, 2017

Day 2 of NGLA is done and complete!

Today was our first full day of sessions and I learned so much. We started right off the bat early this morning as a group with a lot of positive affirmation (which was a good wake up). However, after this first session we all broke out on our own to sessions that we thought would interest us and be helpful to our chapter and community.

Personally, I would say that the two most moving sessions for me was the Money Management For Greeks and Leading Strategic Change. The Money Management seminar related to my own personal position in Gamma Phi Beta. I felt like I learned a lot of useful information that I can take back to my chapter and I also learned about potential programming I might be able to implement in the chapter. Another thing I learned- and friends take note- there is a website you can use to check to see if you may or may not have unclaimed cash from the state. If you get the chance look at unclaimed.org and see if you can get any money! I didn't (unfortunately) but who know maybe you will, or maybe your parents will, or maybe someone else you know will!

The second session I went to, Leading Strategic Change, was something that really spoke to me and it was definitely something that I could see using in my chapter and in my real life. It talked about Mastering the Curve of Change and its four phases. I am so absolutely excited to share this with the rest of my executive board!

The rest of our evening has been amazingly fun! Between the dinner at the Black Bear Saloon (of course) and then the pajama jammie jam, I've had an amazing time and absolutely can't wait for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment