Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2017

DiNardo sweet DiNardo

We left Hartford at 9am and we had Starbucks for breakfast. Tip: don't order a venti if you are determinined to not make any pit stops during the road trip. As much as I loved my time at NGLA and the bonding I did with my fellow Greeks, I was happy to come back to my single room and my single bed in good 'ol DiNardo (true the amenities aren't as nice, but my introverted side is happy).

What I've gained from this weekend in Hartford is a sense of appreciation. There have been several instances throughout this conference where I was reminded how thankful I am for what I have in Greek life. I am thankful that at BSU we do not experience the common problems that other campuses face. Over the past few days I've heard delegates give examples such as poor relations with administrations, departments, and surrounding communities, tension between organizations, hazing, and apathy. I feel so grateful to have an amazing community at BSU. One where we are supported and respected  by our university president, fire and police departments, staff professionals. I am appreciative, more than I can express, that we have a Greek community that respects each other and enjoys spending time with each other; it truly is an asset that makes us stronger. I am thankful that we  have chapters that have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to hazing and that we have members that respect one another. Most of all I am thankful that we have such passionate members in BSU Greek life. This weekend so many people I met said they had to really push people to want to attend NGLA or that this wasn't their first time attending the annual conference. As jealous as I was that I knew this would be my only time at NGLA, I reminded myself that I should be thankful that I was given this opportunity, and thankful that we have so many passionate leaders that make getting a spot at this conference competitive. I am also thankful that there are new delegates each year so that we have fresh faces to lead our community.
I highly recommend every member of our community applies to attend NGLA because it was an amazing experience filled with learning, networking, bonding, and fun. I will always appreciate this opportunity I've been given and would not replace it for anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment