Search This Blog

Friday, February 24, 2017

Do Something better

Today was no usual Thursday. Instead, today was full of a car ride of dad jokes, delicious barbeque, and an amazing keynote speaker that had be crying tears of laughter in relatability (not sure if that's a word but we are going with it) but also reflecting on the issues of my own chapter. I am so excited to experience this alongside other Greeks from my community. I know this weekend will help me build friendships, and make connections with other people that I otherwise would not have been able to make.
What really stuck out to me was the keynote speaker. We departing Bridgewater today at 1:30pm, but we didn’t listen to our speaker until 9pm. No matter the amount of time that passed between, this speaker really was the highlight of today. Michelle Guobadia presented about “being the dream”. Her grace of speaking but ability to be so personable in front of 1000 people was seriously inspiring. She spoke on issues that seem to affect every chapter but she also made me feel like she was speaking directly to me and my chapter. She reminded me to always stand by Gamma Phi's motto of inspiring the highest type of womanhood. We need to be accountable, live the ritual, and be a dream MAKER. I am excited to learn this weekend about how I can do something better... for me, for my sisters, and for BSU's Greek community.

No comments:

Post a Comment