Search This Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2017

NGLA is closing , our door is still open

(side note , the font changed half way through and I do not how to fix it)Day three of the conference has come to a close. Tomorrow we start our journey back to Bridgewater. Today once again started bright and early, our keynote speaker was honestly one of the most inspirational person I have ever heard speak. It was Jeremy Poincenot, a man who went legally blind at the age of 19 and instead of falling apart and giving up he turned his life in to a way to change others people life. After that we went to four different sessions and to be honest I found all of them extremely beneficial. I learned a lot from these sessions to take back and hopefully improve our school. I really enjoyed this weekend  mainly because I had fun meeting with other greeks both from BSU and on the northeast. I got a bunch of free letters, and made connections. Lunch was horrible if I am going to be honest. It was lasagna with some weird vegetables inside. However dinner was delicious it was some chicken with rice. MB won an award so thats pretty awesome. After the dinner we tried to go to the BBQ place from Thursday, still my favorite part of this trip because it was so delicious. Tristen,Frankie John and myself have convinced eight people that our door is open and they would walk into it which made us laugh every time.  Overall this trip was truly beneficial however. I have a ton of ideas i want to bring back to BSU and my aspirations for future leadership positions at Bridgewater has not changed but intensifies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment