Search This Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Would you really be surprised that I was 5 minutes late to a session because I was in the completely wrong building???

Day 3! It was harder to get up today. Yesterday was a long one.
I really enjoyed my first session because it was a Panhellenic panel! It was basically presidents sharing what they struggle with in their university'a council and it was very informative and helpful. Like I learned that NPHC individuals can be represented at Panhel and hold positions, as long as they aren't president, a VP of recruitment, or a recruitment counselor. They would also have to be the only multicultural based organization on campus. I learned that BU has their Panhel meetings at 9:15pm. That's whack. On my way out of my first session I made a stop at the Greek boutique because I caved and bought one of the water bottles. I wanted to get the panhel crest on it, but for some reason they couldn't do that so I just got a monogram of ΑΣΤ. I scored the last sparkly pink one.

Sooooo I thought my next room was on the other side of the conference center which was a hike away from where I was, but when I got there I realized that I had mixed up my session room numbers and had to haul ass to a room that was in a totally different building. When I got to the correct room I couldn't even get in because there were so many people. It was a fire hazard. For real. But it was another presentation by TJ Sullivan so I was determined to stay. Because I wasn't even through the doors I couldn't hear anything and it didn't help that the guys standing next to me wouldn't shut up so I scanned the room, noticed another set of doors and made a B line for them. I definitely had to go through a set of doors that were for restricted personnel only to get to the actual doors I needed to go to to get inside the room, but you gotta do what you gotta do. It was worth it because TJ is an amazing speaker and I learned strategies that would not only help me as a chapter officer, but surprisingly also as an RA.

Food wise, lunch was weird. I did however get the opportunity to speak to one of my sisters at the AST luncheon who is the Panhellenic president at her university. She helped me weigh the pros and cons of being a Panhellenic president and being a chapter president, and gave me some more insight into the thoughts I've been trying to juggle recently.

After lunch I went to pick up my new water bottle and for a while I didn't understand the hype of these "swell" water bottles, but NOW?! Let me tell ya! Keeps everything ice cold. Huge fan. After lunch we went to two more sessions. I attended another Panhel meeting and a panel about what it's like to be an FSL professional.

Easily the best part of the day was at the awards dinner when I got to see MB's face when they announced her name to receive the Philippi award! She is truly an outstanding and dedicated advisor and she deserved this and so much more! Great way to end our time here at NGLA.

No comments:

Post a Comment