Search This Blog

Friday, February 24, 2017

I had to prove to the cashier that I was boujee

We left BSU at 2pm and arrived in Hartford a little after 4pm. We checked into our rooms, registered at the conference, and headed to the greek boutique. On our way up to the registration table we saw that the Connecticut Garden Expo was also here. Nick Merriam got very excited because today we learned he gardens for a hobby. Not much for ΑΣΤ was at the boutique, and they ran out of Taus for the small wooden letters, so I was a little sad to leave empty handed, but the unspent money came in handy later when I wanted a snack (which we will discuss in a moment). After browsing the boutique we went to grab dinner. We split between a bbq joint, a Q'doba, and a Subway. I went to Subway because I'm basic and wanted a ham sandwich💩. After dinner we went back to our rooms and selected the sessions we wanted to go to throughout our time here at the conference. I sometimes felt conflicted because I had to choose between sessions I believed would help my chapter and sessions I believed would help my personal development, but I believe I found a balance. After we had a little free time, we went to the opening session. The speaker for the opening session was hilarious! She also touched upon several relevant and important topics like hazing, ritual, image, leaving a legacy, etc. After our session I ran into our recruitment advisor Stacey. Then we were hungry so we went to the store in the lobby to get late night snacks. I saw they had Ben and Jerry's and then that's all I wanted. My dilemma was I didn't know where I could find a spoon. I asked the cashier and she had them at the register. I said "perfect" and I ran and grabbed a pint of half baked. When she rang it up she said it was $7 and I was legit the gif of the shocked blinking white guy. But I had already asked about spoons and rang it out so I realized I was in too deep. I had to prove to the cashier that I was boujee. So I handed my card and went up to my room to eat my $7 ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment